Wednesday 20 July 2016

T's the season to be reading

With the advent of summers comes the onslaught of read-a-thons. As I have already mentioned in a post below,  the concept of read-a-thons has always intrigued me. While trying to participate in it many times, formally and informally, I have failed, well, because of life (and my weak eyes, but that is a story for another day).

This time, when Book-tube-a-thon came around and I had nothing but a few internships going for me, I decided to jump on that wagon and drive it to the finish line. Now I am not part of the Booktube community (yet), it has helped a lot with my passion for books and helping me get creative and vocal about my interests in books.

So far, its been three days in, and may I just say its been going good? I have finished a 400 page book and read about 126 pages of another graphic novel. I am about to start another book today hopefully and will hopefully get quite a good chunk done by the end of the week. It is exciting creating challenges for yourself in your hobby, but I don't want to jinx it just yet so I will hold up on the final wrap up of the readathon for more details about how it went.

The Booktubeathon also has seven challenges going on, two of which I am almost done with!

1) Read a book with a yellow on the cover (DONE)
2) Read a book that Booktube made you read (Almost done)
3) Read a book and watch the movie adaptation for it
4) Read a book after sunset
5) Read a book by your favorite author
6) Read a book that is older than you
7) Read 7 books

The contenders for the other 5 challengers are still to be decided, but so far its going great.

If you would like to participate, visit >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98afk8wZEmI

If you would like to see updates on instagram and me partake in the daily instagram challenges, visit >> https://www.instagram.com/nusrah003/


No comments:

Post a Comment