Monday 11 May 2015

Bout of Books 13- Day 1

My Mr.Seuss trying to make me less scared.
Okay, its not looking the best right now guys. I have only managed to read 20 pages of Dracula, and while that is more than I usually get to read with finals, its less than what I actually wanted to read! :(
But do not despair, for it is only the first day! Besides, I get most of my reading done before bed, so fingers crossed!

While I am not sure if I will be taking part in all the challenges, I am going to try my best! 

Today's challenge is Writing My Own Fairytale – Bookish Survey.

1) How do you organize your shelves?  Well, here is the thing. I live in a one bedroom apartment with my husband. While our apartment is very spacious, there needs to be place for a lot of things besides my books. So I arrange my books every which way. Usually according to size because there is something so soothing about symmetry. My books go from tallest to the shortest, and sometimes if I have two of the same authors, it kills me to separate them if they have different sizes, but you know what they say, priorities. 

2) What is one of your favorite books that’s not in one of your favorite genres? I will have to say 1984 by George Orwell. I am not a fan of dystopian fiction at all. While I cherish it as a genre, I think its just not for me. But, 1984 was such a haunting yet beautifully written piece of work! Five months later after having read it, I still get goosebumps thinking about it.


3) What is the last 5 star book you read? Sadly it has been a while. But I will have to say City of Thieves by David Benioff. This book was absolutely stunning! Never have I felt despair and the need to survive as passionately as I did when I read this.


4) What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon? I will have to say Dracula by, do I really need to tell you? This book is so so amazing! It makes me feel terrified even in broad daylight!


5) What book do you recommend the most? My recommendations are custom-made. So if you are looking for a specific one, come and let's chat it up! :) But the book I usually always end up recommending is 1984 because that book, is just, amazing. Just go read it, please.

How is everyone doing in their read-a-thons? Have you read more pages than me? I think everyone has! Leave some inspiration down below! 

Also, sign up for the Bout of Books read-a-thon if you haven't yet! It will close on Wednesday midnight! Here, go crazy>>http://boutofbooks.blogspot.com/

Happy reading, everyone! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment